We set out this morning for adventures in snorkeling and lunch on a private island. We were supposed to go yesterday but the weather wasn't cooperating. However, today the weather was very nice but the waters were rough. It was a back wrenching 60 minute ride. I am very thankful I scheduled a massage a couple days after I get back to Hillsboro. From my previous blog about our little snorkeling trip right here off the Placencia Caye you would think I was ready for snorkeling on the reef. Well that was not the highlight of my trip. Our trip was divided into three parts, morning snorkeling while one of the guides went hunting for our lunch, lunch on the private white sands Caye and then snorkeling after lunch.
Snorkeling before lunch was, according to Mark, a little rough. The water was a little rough. I tolerated it and tried to focus on what the guide (who was very nice by the way) showed us. Let me just say, I am not afraid of water. I have been skiing and play on the water regularly every summer for at least the last 25 years or longer. I had plenty of swimming lessons as a child and grew up close enough to the coast that I have had my share of adventures swimming out in the ocean. However, even after Mark took my out to learn how to snorkel, I am not sure I'm a snorkeling fan. The morning session I spent focused on trying not to panic that I'm not sure I really enjoyed the awesome fish and coral. In the afternoon session I got in the water to try again and within 10 minutes Mark helped me back in the boat after a little panic and hyperventilating attack. I sent Mark out to enjoy the snorkeling and take lots of pictures so I could see when we get back. So although snorkeling is not for me at this time, and Mark enjoys it, we had a really great time and let me get to the private island lunch . . . Oh My Goodness!!!
So the one guide went hunting for lunch during the morning snorkeling session. He caught a lobster, a crab, and a couple fish. The following are pictures of our fun around the private island.
Our lunch for the afternoon, a fish, a crab and a lobster!
The biggest termite nest we saw.
A cute little hut set up for marriage ceremonies.
A shark swam right by our feet as we lazily sat on the edge of the ceremonial hut.
There are hermit crab everywhere and this one decided to climb a tree! They are so cute!!!
These are all hermit crab inside a dead tree. I thought hermit meant solitary living . . . I guess not!
Our lunch . . . Yummy!!!
After our adventures in snorkeling and lunch on the private beach, we spent the evening with friends from home, Kristi and Jeff Stoll. We have done a couple adventures with them including the snorkeling. They were also celebrating their 25th anniversary and were here for our second week of our vacation. Their kids went to school with our kids and they live in the same neighborhood as we do. It was fun getting to know them and spend some time together.
Until our next adventure . . . We love you all!!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment